(INSTALLER VBS)REVIT Recreate local file in one click
I have an An example of a script available that I generated to copy REVIT central files to local files in a standardized local directory system, delete existing file & backup folder and rename from central to local.
You can use it as a starting point for your localizers.Revit VBS to Localize files:
- Unzip the zip file to your desktop
- Double click the install
- It copies the other VBS to your SendTo folderTo use-This file will likely require some modifications for your specific needs but this one:
- Right click one or a selected group of central files (Note File must have CENTRAL in the name)
- SendTo >> Select Revit_Localize.vbs
- Creates a folder structure in C:\ with a double underscore "__", the user login name, Projects, then the project number it discerned from above. Creates the folders if they don't exist.
- It deletes any existing local copy and backup folder at this location.
- Copies the files and renames them.
- It pops up with the message screen showing how many files it was sent.
- This could probably be incorporated into a BAT file if you wanted it to automatically recreate local files at startup or on demand... etc...Use carefully and enjoy!Ron E. Allen